If you’re still holding out on investing in a highlighter, go ahead and take the plunge. I can assure you that highlighters are here to stay. There are tons of options to choose from whether you want to achieve a subtle glow or shine bright like a diamond. Here are some of my favorites! And, I included some helpful highlighting tips below. Click on the pictures for product details.
Helpful Highlighting Tips:
- Choose the right shade of highlighter for your complexion: light skin tones→pearly/champagne colors, medium and olive skin tones→peachy/gold colors, and dark skin tones→gold/bronze colors.
- Choose the right formula for your skin type: dry skin types→liquid or cream formulas and oily skin types→powdery formulas.
- Don’t overuse highlighter. Highlight a few areas at a time to prevent the skin from looking oily.
- Apply highlighter after your foundation, but before your concealer.
- Use your used foundation sponge or brush to apply highlighter. This will help blend the highlighter better.
- The best areas to highlight are: 1) inner corner of eyes→opens up eyes, 2) under the brow bone→instant brow lift, 3) bridge of nose→narrowing effect, 4) cupid’s bow→volumize and define lips and 5) cheekbones→ accentuates cheekbones.
What’s your glow-to product? Let me know in the comments below!